Craig Yanagi and Tim Dashwood show off the JVC GY-HM700
Recorded at the FCPUG NAB Supermeet, April 2009.
JVC stunned the world when the GY-HM100 was unveiled - a tapeless camcorder capable of recording 35mbps native QuickTime files to affordable SDHC cards. Now JVC shows off the larger, more capable GY-HM700, featuring interchangeable lenses, 3rd inch sensors, full shoulder mounted design, and with the facility to record native QuickTime to SDHC media at 35mbps. This professional camcorder has changed the acquisition playing field for those looking to jump into high quality affordable HD.
The GY-HM700 features:
* Compact Shoulder form factor
* New patented 3-CCD optical system provides full HD resolution images
* Industry standard bayonet lens mount - JVC offers a wide range of lenses and accessories
* New high performance Canon 14:1 lens featuring, wider angle to previous offering, higher resolution, minimal chromatic aberration
* Records to dual hot swappable SDHC memory cards and/or optional SxS adapter
* Pre Rec (retro cache) function prevents "missed shots"
* Professional recording with selectable data rates up to 35Mbps: 1920 x 1080 (1080p24/p25/p30, 1080i60/i50); 1280 x 720P (p60/p50/p30/p25/p24)
* Native file recording-world's fastest shoot-to-edit workflow - Native Final Cut Pro format, edit immediately without conversion or transcoding; .MP4 file format; available with optional SxS Media Recorder
* Variable frame rate recording (over crank, under crank)
* HDSDI output: can also provide downconverted SDI output-live or playback.
* Downconverted SD output (DV via IEEE-1394)
* New high resolution (1.22 million pixel) Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS) viewfinder
* New large (4.3-inch) flip-out LCD monitor
* Patented Focus Assist function
* Built-in clip viewer and management system
* Extensive image customization modes (gamma, matrix, knee, detail, etc.)
* Uncompressed LPCM audio (2ch) recording: Manual level controls with audio meter, XLR inputs with phantom power