AJA Video Systems - Ki Pro & Ki Pro Mini
AJA produce two ProRes recording devices: the Ki Pro and Ki Pro Mini. The benefit this offers to users of cameras with SDI or HDMI connectors is that an uncompressed feed can be recorded as ProRes to the AJA device. The result is a 4:2:2 ProRes recording, free from the compression artifacts which plague many low-cost cameras.
The Ki Pro by AJA is a portable hard disc recorder which records direct to ProRes standard or high quality. The enables one to bypass the compression of the affordable cameras and achieve superior results to those which can be achieved with highly compressed codecs.
* Record hours of pristine ProRes media to a removable storage module with built-in FireWire 800, or to 34mm Expresscard Flash, for immediate editing and file access.
* Record natively to Apple ProRes 422 for full raster 10-bit 4:2:2 HD and SD.
* Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to Apple ProRes 422.
* Connect any digital camera via SDI or HDMI, or any analog camera with multiple input options
* Convert in real time from SD to HD, or 720 to/from 1080, in full 10-bit quality.
* Extend client review capabilities with simultaneous recording to camera and to Ki Pro.
* Extend productive life of existing cameras and embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities.
* Built-in WiFi and Ethernet for complete control via a web-browser, or iPhone.
The Ki Pro Mini is a smaller, lighter version of its portable tapeless ProRes. The highly portable Ki Pro Mini flash disk recorder mounts easily to digital cameras and accessories, enabling it to fit in small spaces for on-set capture of 10-bit 4:2:2 files that are immediately ready for editing.
Ki Pro Mini
Ki Pro Mini offers a small form factor, support for SDI & HDMI cameras and key features including:
* 10-bit full-raster recording to Apple ProRes 422 SD and HD formats (including HQ, LT and Proxy)
* Recording of SD/HD files from digital video cameras to Compact Flash (CF) cards
* Mac OS X friendly media and native QuickTime files--no log-and-capture required
* Professional video connectivity through SD/HD SDI and HDMI I/O
* 2 channels of balanced XLR audio with switch selectable line/mic levels
* 8 channels of embedded digital audio over SDI and HDMI
* Flexible control options including familiar front panel and web browser interfaces
* Optional Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plates that attach to hot shoes, battery plates and virtually any other accessory bracket
* Aircraft-grade aluminum construction that delivers light weight and maximum ruggedness
Ki Pro Mini supports a streamlined Apple file-based production-to-post workflow, recording native Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files onto CF cards, which are formatted as HFS+ volumes that are instantly connected to a Mac computer via off-the-shelf CF card readers.
"Anywhere a camera can go, Ki Pro Mini can follow," said AJA President Nick Rashby. "It's smaller than some battery packs and mounts to virtually everything. We designed Ki Pro Mini for any sized production that needs seamless 10-bit file-based acquisition-- it's about extreme portability and going from lens to post in a flash."