Dedo Weigert: Ledzilla
Dedo Weigert: Ledzilla (part 2)
Dedo Weigert, inventor of the Dedolight, talks about Ledzilla - a portable camera light which is amazingly flexible. This high output light can be focussed to either spot or flood; features in-built tungsten and diffuser filters, and is fitted with a solid pair of barn doors. Battery powered, one can get over 5 hours of continuous light. The ability to add specific attachments, designed by Dedo, makes this a camera light like no other.
Videographer Matt Davis had this to say about Ledzilla:
"In comparison with other LED lamps I've played with, it's an incredibly well thought out tool: the lamp body is like an anglepoise lamp - getting the lamp away from the lens axis to get some modelling from shadows. The spot and flood control is incredible when you consider how small this unit is.... It will also throw a beam of light across a room with enough oomph to key an talking head."
Read more on Matt's Blog
Feature set of Ledzilla
• Amazing output in combination with the Dedolight double aspheric optics.
• Focuses like a Dedolight. LED lights are not usually focusable.
• No other focusing LED light compares - 4° to 56°.
• Smooth light distribution in all and every focusing position.
• Wide angle flip-up diffuser for 70° angle, smoothly covering the widest zoom and widening
the beam more horizontally than vertically (1:1.66).
After all, we don’t shoot round pictures…
• Clean, sharp, single-edge barn door shadow OR a very gentle light and shadow transition
with the flip-up wide angle diffuser in place
• Converts from daylight to tungsten via a dichroic flip-down filter
• Color rendition and color distribution is cleaner than comparable LED lights.
• Adjustable support arm allows it to be positioned above and forward. A single, high-power
• Dims extremely smoothly from full blast all the way down to zero without any color change.