IBC 2010: G-Technology show off G SPEED Q
Storage designed for editing: G-Technology introduce the G SPEED Q, featuring internal RAID controller with quad interface, G-Tech’s new four-bay G-SPEED Q delivers solid, affordable RAID storage of up to 8TB. This all-aluminium system can process at speed of up to 200Mb/s. Supporting Mac/PC software lets you easily set your preference to either RAID 0 or RAID 5 data protection.
This all-aluminium system can process at speed of up to 200Mb/s.
With its built-in RAID controller, the G-SPEED Q is not tied to a single workstation and can be easily transported and used on a laptop or desktop in the edit bay or on the road. Supporting Mac/PC software lets you easily set your preference to either RAID 0 or RAID 5 data protection.
Pre-formatted for Macs, the compact and whisper quiet G-SPEED Q features four hot-swappable Hitachi Ultrastar™ enterprise-class 7200 RPM 3Gbit SATA hard drives, each boasts a 10 times error rate improvement over standard drives.
- Storage capacities up to 8TB
- High-speed, low-cost RAID designed specifically for professional content creation applications
- Quad interface – eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 (via supplied cable) and USB2.0
- Internal RAID controller supports RAID 0 and RAID 5
- Supports multi-stream SD and compressed HD workflows
- All-aluminium enclosure with whisper quiet ‘smart’ cooling fan
- Four hot-swappable enterprise-class Hitachi Ultrastar™ 7200 RPM, 3.5" 3Gbit SATA drives each with up to 32MB cache
- Auto-rebuild in RAID 5 mode
- Single-unit RAID span only
- Integrated power supply
- Mac® OS X and Windows® compatible
- Standard 3-year factory warranty