San Francisco SuperMeet: AJA Video Systems Ki Pro
Recorded live at the FCPUG SuperMeet, San Francisco, February 5th, 2010.
AJA Product Manager, Jon Thorn, shows off the Ki Pro.
The Ki Pro by AJA is a portable hard disc recorder which records direct to ProRes standard or high quality. This enables one to bypass the compression of the affordable cameras and achieve superior results to those which can be achieved with highly compressed codecs.
Key features of this device include:
* Record hours of pristine ProRes media to a removable storage module with built-in FireWire 800, or to 34mm Expresscard Flash, for immediate editing and file access.
* Record natively to Apple ProRes 422 for full raster 10-bit 4:2:2 HD and SD.
* Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to Apple ProRes 422.
* Connect any digital camera via SDI or HDMI, or any analog camera with multiple input options
* Convert in real time from SD to HD, or 720 to/from 1080, in full 10-bit quality.
* Extend client review capabilities with simultaneous recording to camera and to Ki Pro.
* Extend productive life of existing cameras and embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities.
* Built-in WiFi and Ethernet for complete control via a web-browser, or iPhone.