Event Date: Thursday 9th June 2011 - London
MacVideo Expo, June 9, 2011
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ATTENDING MacVideo Expo June 9 in London. Next MacVideo Expo. will be October 18.
Bringing together the best of the digital video scene, MacVideo Expo is shaping up to be the major 'shoot and edit' event for 2011. Featuring: exhibitor showcase, buffet meal, new products in action, and the chance to network with fellow creatives and colleagues.******* PRIZES: Over £10 000 Worth of PRIZES *********
* Adobe: Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium
* AJA: Io Express
* Matrox: Compress HD
* Avid Media Composer 5.5 software
* Blackmagic Design: 5 x Da Vinci Resolve software
* NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac. 2 GB GPU wuth 256 CUDA Cores and full open GL and Direct X support
* 5 copies of: Rick's Tips: Inside the Mind of an Editor
4pm Doors Open
4.15pm Rick's camera tips, filming on location and being prepared for whatever the client throws at you - Rick Young, Producer/Director
5pm Exhibitors' showcase; enjoy good food and drink; network and meet with colleagues and filmmakers
6.30pm Show Starts
* Discussion: preparing for Final Cut Pro X - a lifeline for making sure you don’t get caught out by the on-coming shift in editing technology
6 well-known editors of the UK Final Cut Pro community, in turn, will present for 5 minutes each about their hopes for Final Cut Pro X, their concerns, and how they are preparing for the impending change in editing technology. This discussion will feature: Chris Roberts - Apple Certified Master Trainer; Jonathan Eric Tyrrell - Apple Certified Master Trainer; Matt Davis - Producer/Director, MDMA; Peter Wiggins - Freelance Final Cut Pro Editor and the man behind [EMV LINK]3[EMV /LINK] ; Viral Mistry - Editor & Motion Graphics; Alex Gollner - Editor & FCP plugin creator; Rick Young - Producer/Director, MacVideo.TV
* Headline Sponsor: Adobe - The latest and greatest of Adobe CS5.5 - Production Premium
The key strengths and latest developments in the Creative Suite 5.5 - Production Premium applications (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Adobe Media Encoder), focussing on broad compatibility, tools to increase productivity, and workflow.
* Guest Speaker: Guest Speaker: James Tonkin - Hangman Studios - director James Tonkin will share his approach and workflows behind several recent projects, including the specifics behind using DSLRs for a live 10 camera concert shoot and most recently filming with the Sony NEX-FS100 and PMW-F3. James has created documentaries, commercials and DVDs for a number of artists from Bjork to companies such as Jaeger and Coco De Mer. He has also directed music videos for Robbie Williams. James will share knowledge of working with Final Cut Pro including the recent addition of DaVinci's Resolve for colour grading.
* Headline Sponsor: AJA Video Systems - AJA and your Pipeline - Join Kevin King, AJA representative, for an exploration of the latest workflow enhancers from AJA.
From Acquisition to Edit and Conversion, AJA's updates and new products offer you a wealth of powerful tools. Ki Pro Mini, has gained new features for your acquisition needs for Apple ProRes workflows. KONA 3G enables 4K playout for the growing needs of high resolution camera capture and post workflows. The soon to be released FS2, offers double the conversion capabilities and Fiber connectivity for production and post workflows of all stripes, including Dolby E encoding and decoding options.
* Sponsor: AVID Media Composer 5.5 - Avid introduces new features of Media Composer 5.5. Presenter: Deepraj Sandhar
See Media Composer(r) 5.5 in action at MacVideo Expo. Discover features and workflows that actually accelerate your editing and see how Media Composer works with AJA Io Express and new format support with Matrox MX02 Mini. and learn about the PhraseFind dialogue search option and other productivity enhancing tools including new EUCON support for the Artist Series control surfaces.
* Guest Speaker: M dot Strange - the self taught 3D animator known for producing, We Are The Strange, a full-blown animated feature film, single-handedly! After 4 years of hard work M dot Strange will preview, for the first time ever, excerpts from his new movie: Heart String Marionette. M dot Strange is an animator, filmmaker and musician, and is regarded as having produced what would normally take a team of people months or years of work.
MacVideo Expo will take place at:
Royal Society of Medicine
1 Wimpole Street
Date: June 9, 2011