We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: reinstate archive emails
Smartie57

Posted: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 04:40PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

I deleted my old email pop account. Didn't realise all the emails would delete automatically too. I have an iMac OS X 10.6.8. Server said they won't have any copies. Can I reinstate these emails somehow. I've trawled into all the usual files and also had a techie friend do the same. So my question is 'is it possible to reinstate archive deleted 7 days ago'? Help pls

Author: Topic: Re: reinstate archive emails
AlanAudio
Global Moderator
AlanAudio

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:32PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Smartie57,

It all depends on whether you have a backup copy ( time machine or other back up ). Otherwise, as far as I'm aware, once the database of your emails is deleted, it's gone for good.

I sympathise with you as I had exactly the same thing happen to me a few years ago when I decided to rename an e-mail account and ended up inadvertently deleting all the old e-mails in that account. At that time, I didn't have a sensible back-up strategy, but it spurred me into action.

You would have done better to post this in the "Help & Tips" forum as it would be more widely seen. I don't have the means to move it, but if you cut and paste your original posting to a new thread on that forum, I can copy this reply to it and delete this thread from this particular forum.