We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Date and Time Stamp
PI777

Posted: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:36PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Is anyone aware of a video editing package for mac that will allow you to time and date stamp the EXIF data onto the video? I know iMovie does it and I have used it and it looks good, but it does not display seconds. I require it that way as it is surveillance footage and is at times used in court. Thanks guys

Author: Topic: Re: Date and Time Stamp
AlanAudio
Global Moderator
AlanAudio

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 06:17PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

PI777,

It's not an area that I know much about, but my understanding is that if video evidence is to be presented in court, it has to conform to strict standards and have verifiable provenance which must be maintained at every intermediate stage.

Others might be better able to explain what's needed. I just don't want you to be in the situation of doing a lot of work and then finding the end result inadmissible.