We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: general error
milesa
milesa

Posted: Sat, 08 May 2004 04:49PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

I did a fit to fill into a sequence in a project. I got a general error message in the canvas. Now, when I open the project I have no timeline or canvas. When I double click to open the sequence I get the message 'general error' and 'out of memory'

I'm pulling out what is left of my hair! Any suggestions to save my project?

Alan Miles
Mad Inertia Productions Ltd
Author: Topic: Re: general error
roberthancox

Posted: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:48AM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

milesa,

I too had this issue on many occassions. In the end I tracked the problem down to the FireWire drives connected to my G5, although the actual culprit was the G5 itself. It needed a new motherboard/firewire board. Seems like the drives 'hiccup' and FCE tried to write to them but decided that it couldn't access them anymore and gave up!

That's my generalisation to what was an extremely uncomfotable and time consumuning problem that I blistered my arse through!!

Sorry if that didn't help, but you were not alone.