We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Bristol and Bath calling....
Phil A
Phil A

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 01:17PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

If you get Rick's newsletter you'll have heard already that we're setting up a Final Cut Pro user group based in the fine media centres of Bristol & Bath. (Actually it'll be in Bristol, but I live in Bath so it gets a mention!)

We're looking wider, and to reflect that we're called WEFCPUG (West of England FCP User Group - not to exclude the Welsh of course, but things may be happening across the Severn, too, we hear).

WEFCPUG will be affiliated to the Grand Alliance of FCP user groups and we'll be modelling ourselves (modestly) after the grandaddy, LA FCPUG. Our good friend Mike Horton of the LA group is offering wise advice to us already. (Starting with 'prepare to re-arrange your life, now').

Grand launch will be in September, but right now we're open to collect names for our mailing list so that YOU will know what's happening where - and get involved at the beginning in what is going to be (as Mike always says) a HUGE event.

We're expecting primarily a pro-based membership (ie that's where we're aiming the meeting agendas) but ALL are welcome. Especially sponsors. But right now, we're testing the waters and seeing how much interest there is.

First off, email us (that's me, Phil Ashby, and Richard Atherton, both of us known in these parts at UKFCUG as well as 2-pop.com) at

enquiries@wefcpug.org

and we will, as they say, keep you posted.

PS Wish us luck!

Phil & Richard, WEFCPUG
(website coming soon)

Author: Topic: Re: Bristol and Bath calling....
RickYoung
Global Moderator
RickYoung

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 07:43PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Full support to WEFCPUG!!!

Keep us posted with further developments as they happen guys.

I'll do my best to shoot across the Bristol as soon as you launch in September.

Rick