We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Please Help
KennyBoy1

Posted: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:38PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Ok guys, I'm Kenny and a newbie to FCP3. Can anyone tell me if I need Quick time pro if I eventually finish a FCP project and want to burn it to a DVD disk using i-dvd ?? I'm using OSX 10.2.8,FCP3 and i DVD.
Can I get MPEG 2 comp with quicktime 6.5.1 or do need to go pro??

please help if anyone knows

cheers Kenny

Author: Topic: Re: Please Help
RickYoung
Global Moderator
RickYoung

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:24PM

KennyBoy1,

Final Cut Pro 3 comes with QuickTime Pro. That's assuming it's a legitamate copy.

Rick

Author: Topic: Re: Please Help
chris.roberts
chris.roberts

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:55AM

KennyBoy1,
You don't actually need QT Pro to use FCP. Apple just seems to bundle it together with FCP as a "pro" package. You will be able to do everything you need export-wise via FCP 3. Handy if, for example, you want to unlock the potential of Qt Pro on another system to that running FC...
You will not be able to get the QT MPEG2 component unless you 1) pay for it or 2) have either FCP4 or DVD SP which ship with Compressor. I'm not sure if you have to unlock QT Pro to use the component, but you will have an unlock key anyway.
In answer to the question of burning disks with iDVD, you don't need either QT pro or MPEG2 component. Simply export from FCP3 as a Quicktime Reference movie, drag into iDVD and let iDVD do all the work for you.
Hope this helps
Chris

Posts: | Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom | IP: Logged