We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Sony GVD-1000E
miffy
miffy

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:19PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

In the past I have used my camera as a minidv tape deck. I am now ready to get a tape deck and so free up my camera. This Sony deck is one of the best and has many excellent features. However heres my question. Why should I fork out about £848 for this deck when for half that amount I could buy a brand new Sony camera (such as the DCRHC14E) and use this as a deck. Advantages : half the cost / under new Sony warranty / I now have a small second camera - free, as it were. It may well be that the heads are the same in both devices - both are new Sony products after all ! What do you think, folks ? Am I missing a trick here ?