We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Topic Icon Audio dropout in DVD SP3
Stephen Coltrane
Stephen Coltrane

Posted: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 06:45PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

I have just successfully burnt my first DVD in DVDSP3!

BUT (there's always a 'but', isn't there?)

The sound drops out for a few seconds about halfway through the movie. I have checked the original (created in FCP4) and there is no problem there, so something must have occurred during export to MPEG2.

The only thing I can think of that might be responsible for the problem is that the audio peaks round about the point where the dropout occurs (a character bangs on a door, so the dB level shoots up at this point).

Am I right? What can I do about it? Please help!

Author: Topic: Re: Audio dropout in DVD SP3
Stephen Coltrane
Stephen Coltrane

Posted: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 03:35PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

All right, problem solved, but only at the cost of huge embarrassment in front of the client (a forgiving sort, God be praised).

Went back to the FCP Timeline to find the audio clip in that spot had been deleted. Don't remember doing it, but I must have done; the pixies were exorcised in a complicated ritual some months ago.

Why isn't there a 'total arse' smiley?