We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: files going offline
kkreon

Posted: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:05AM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Recently i have started having problems with files going offline - to the point that every time I start up FCE I seem to loose more and more of my completed films. I have tried reinstalling FCE but it hasn't improved things. Any ideas why this may be so? And how can i reconnect the files? i have tried clicking on reconnect, but it just links to my computers documents - not the cd track that is missing. lastly my films now seem to play back at a slightly altered speed - not quite realtime. Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex

Author: Topic: Re: files going offline
Crystal-lite
Crystal-lite

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:53PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

kkreon,

I'm not sure if this is connected with your problem, but quite some time ago I recollect having a similar problem until i discovered the file vault I was using in security was affecting my files, some went missing.

I switched off file vault and the problem disappeared.