We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Need Help - Adobe After Effect (Quicktime) & Final Cut Pro
jonnyparis

Posted: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:22PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Hi all, i have made a 30 sec intro on adobe after effects and exported it as i quicktime movie file, so i can import to final cut pro... i did this but the graphic intro looks pixelated... i am not sure why this is, i may had got the wrong export setting. I am working on PAL (not NTSC) and stadard setting you find on final cut pro. Does anyone know what setting i should be exporting at? or any advice on this subject would be a lot of help to me Cheers Jonny, UK

Author: Topic: Re: Need Help - Adobe After Effect (Quicktime) & Final Cut Pro
duncancraig
duncancraig

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 04:03PM

jonnyparis,

First of all, always check the final output of your job on a proper monitor, if you are making a video to be shown on a TV, then test it on a TV. It wil appear very different then a computer monitor will show. Often it can look knackered on a computer monitor and perfect on a TV.

Also check thet the Timeline viewer isn't zoomed up, hit 'Shift' + 'z' whilst in the timeline viewer window (AKA - Canvas)

Make a note of he exact settings the sequence in FCP.

Hit 'Apple' + '0' (zero) whilst in the timeline.

If you are working in DV PAL, you may want to use this setting in AE, this will give you a rendered file which will play realtime. The default 'Best Quality' setting in AE is frame rendered too, which you may want to change to Lower first if you are working in DVPAL.

Post back with the exact settings you are using in both Apps, and a better description of pixelated would help. Pixelated to most pro's means the pixels are enlarged, you may in fact mean that the fields are showing incorrectly, which tends to gives horizontal banding in block, and looks strobing on a proper TV monitor.

Duncan

Author: Topic: Re: Need Help - Adobe After Effect (Quicktime) & Final Cut Pro
JakeRussell
JakeRussell

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:36PM

Graphics and text get killed in FCP compared to AE if you are using PAL DV render. If the AE stuff looks all crisp it's probably animation codec or something! so you could change your FCP settings to animation but then you are looking at lots of rendering and big filesize.

But as mentioned check it on a broadcast monitor etc not just a computer monitor,

Jake

--
Lost between Layer0 & Layer1