We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Problems upgrading FCP3 from G4PBk to G5
davefielding

Posted: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:13PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

First-time poster and distinct amateur....

I"m doing a big cine-film to DVD project (my late father's old films + soundtracks) and need the power of FCP to deal with the problems of the captured audio running at a different speed to the cine. He made a lot of films over the years, and I've decided that my 15"Ti PB doesn't have the grunt. OK, that's the flimsiest excuse for a mid-life crisis and splashing out on a 1.8DP G5, but I've told my wife it's cheaper than a Porsche...

The problem came when I transfered all the data to the G5 and tried to open up FCP3. I got a "Security ID file is either missing or invalid" message. Reinstalling from the original disks produced the same message.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Author: Topic: Re: Problems upgrading FCP3 from G4PBk to G5
mad dog
mad dog

Posted: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:27PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Dave Fielding,

FCP ties itself to the Mac Address of your computer therefore you cannot copy it from one computer to another. I suspect you have left the preference file, from you copy attempt, on the G5 and therefore the programme is looking at that preference and will not work. Try deleting all reference to FCP (do a search) on your G5, restart and reinstall from the CD.