We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: LaCieD2 DVD with DVD Studio
moji
moji

Posted: Mon, 09 May 2005 08:53PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Does anyone know if a LaCie D2 DVD writer will work with DVD Studio Pro? The reason I ask is that I currently have it running with Toast Titanium 6 (out of the box) which will automatically change all files to Qucktime Mpeg4 - am I right? So if I uninstall Toast, can I then use DVD staudio to burn....?

Author: Topic: Re: LaCieD2 DVD with DVD Studio
duncancraig
duncancraig

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:19PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

moji,

Toast converting everything to MPEG4? weird. It may be an option you have got turned on. I guess you realise that you should try to encode all your video and audio first then import them to DVDSP, then build and format the disc.

I encode in Compressor first, as it means you don't wait for DVDSP to encode, only to find it crashes near the end. You can also batch convert (I use various bitrate attempt to maximise the encode quality)

I personally create DVD image files in DVDSP, instead of burning directly to disc. Then double click the created image file (it will mount onto the desktop), switch Toast to data UDF mode. Then drag the DVD folder from the desktop inot Toast. Burn and your done.

Been totally faultless for me (never a problem) total compatibility and most of my masters recently have gone to glass mastering and retail with not probs at all.