We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Changing pixel colours
jules213

Posted: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:33AM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Hi all,

apologies for this question as i am sure it is simple, but, well, i don't know the answer...

How can i change the colour of certain pixels within a shot to make them darker/richer? Or is this at all possible?

I filmed a short piece with some young people (kids if you don't work with them) and managed to chroma key off a grey background i created by using the solarize filter (i can also sense jaws dropping at the stupidity of this, but i had no intention of trying chroma keying until this morning). Anyway, i have two clips side by side cropped down the middle, and on one clip this worked a treat, but on the other, a small area of the young persons face is the same shade as the now grey background, and so vanishes with the background. What i hope to be able to do, is to colour those pixels to change them away from the background colour.

Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance.