We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: wheres the brightness control in QT7
glemon

Posted: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:47AM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

I cant find any controls for either brightness or contrast in th new QT7. You could always access it using command K. Now I only get audio and playback speed controls.

If we have lost brightness and contrast controls, this is a step backwards for QT 7

glemon

Author: Topic: Re: wheres the brightness control in QT7
Arnoldrob
Arnoldrob

Posted: Mon, 30 May 2005 01:44PM

glemon,
The brightness control may only be available with the pro version with a few other filters. It is rather strangely in in the file / export menu, command e
Choose "Movie to QuickTime Movie" from the Export pop-up menu.
Click Options, click Filter, and select the filter and settings you want to use.
You will find Brightness and Contrast there. I am not sure if any of these are in the non pro version but you can probably do them in iMovie.
arnoldr

Author: Topic: Re: wheres the brightness control in QT7
MattDavis
MattDavis

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:48PM

Oh dear, sorry to hear you've been hit by this too.

The Brightness control is still there in QT7, still Cmd-K, but by upgrading QT6.x Pro to QT7, one loses the Pro features we got with FCP4.5. You have to buy the Pro upgrade AGAIN to get those features back.

Furthermore, it's $29 for US citizens, £19 for UK proles when my Dashboard widget tells me that $29 is £16 - so the £3 is for what?

The point being that FCP users who upgrade to 5 get QTPro free. Don't buy it twice!