We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: HDV-M25 deck problems
Patrickredmond

Posted: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:18PM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

FCP 5.1. qt 7.1 can capture HDV, DV and everything else but cannot playback from the timeline via firewire in any format. Any ideas?

Author: Topic: Re: HDV-M25 deck problems
nortie
nortie

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 05:15PM

Patrickredmond,

hiya

I have this HVR-M25E machine, but it works perfectly for me (even HDV output)

I would suggest doing the following:

Turn the machine on - with a tape in it - before starting FCP.
Then, when FCP wakes up, choose Final Cut Pro, Easy Setup.
Pick DV-PAL
Check in A/V Devices that the video playback is set to Apple Firewire PAL (mirrored on the desktop)
Eject the tape but keep the HVR-M25E on
Play something on your timeline and see if it appears on the HVR-M25E's monitor.
If not, hit Menu on the HVR-M25E.
Under HDV/DV Sel - use the right arrow key to select Auto
Switch off the machine.
Switch it back on again and in FCP, press option/alt F12 to refresh AV devices.

Any joy?

If not, swap the firewire cable.

And - this caught me out - if you're on a G5 and using the front firewire port, try the rear one... my front one was initially faulty.

Really hope this helps!

Neil

Author: Topic: Re: HDV-M25 deck problems
Patrickredmond

Posted: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:51AM

Patrickredmond,
Cheers Nortie. It seems it's a Firewire issue. I resert all ports using the SMU and then used the developers kit FWUTIL to reset the buses. On Friday it was just fine and I relaxed ! came in this morning and wow...it's doing it again. Try to view and then refresh av devices, it works for 3 seconds and then dissapears. So frustrating and I have so much to do. Any other ideas?