We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

MacVideo Forums

You need to be logged in to be able to post and reply to messages

A place to talk about Final Cut Pro and Express, have your questions answered, share tips, discuss industry trends, and video technology.

Also, we have a list of Frequently Asked Questions, which may be the fastest route to solving your problem.

Macworld Forum tips - Please read! Please also remember that when you register with the Macworld Web site in order to post on our Forums you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions and Forum Rules.

Forum Home   Search 
MacVideo Discussion Forum
Author: Topic: Topic Icon Hard drive size and spin speed
phastie

Posted: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:42AM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

Hi,
I'm just moving over from Avid to FCP. I tend to work on a laptop with Avid and will continue this way with FCP. There seems to be a very limited range of hard drives for the Mac Book Pro and only the 17" gives the option for a 7200rpm drive.

Will FCP run to its' full potential with a 5400rpm drive (giving me more space) or should I limit myself to the 100 gig 7200rpm drive?

Thanks, in advance, for you advice.

Phil

Author: Topic: Re: Hard drive size and spin speed
RickYoung
Global Moderator
RickYoung

Visit My Homepage
Posted: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 03:48AM
Email  Print  Text-only  View thread

phastie,

For DV work the 5400rpm drive will certainly do the job and it should also work for DVCPro HD. For higher end formats go for the 7200rpm.

Rick